Tree of Hippocrates




I've arrived on the island of Kos, the birthplace of Hippocrates. The tree wrapping around this temple is alleged to have thrived here since the time of his birth. Seems an awfully long time for a tree to survive. There is even some ugly green scaffolding propping the tree up.

My journey to Kos made me chuckle. I took a flight that seemed more like a bus ride. My plane, with about forty people on board, took off and landed about 15 minutes later on the island of Leros. Four people got off, one got on, and we were airborne again. Kos was another 15 minute hop, and I was the only one to get on or off the aircraft. I entered the terminal, and the only other human in sight was a security guard. A moment later the baggage carousel sprung to life, and out came my one lone bag. The security guard and I just stood there laughing for a couple of minutes. Luckily there was a taxi waiting for me right outside the door.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. Sorry folks, the pictures from the 2010 blog are lost. Not sure what photo site were using, but clearly the urls are all broken.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts