Air France Splurge

​This year we decided to splurge and take business class on Air France between Los Angeles and Athens. Here is a little review about about our experience flying business class on Air France. 


The main reason we’re booked business classes was  so that we could have a seat which converted into a totally flat bed to sleep in. The 10 hour flight followed by 3 more hours to Athens is a long haul. We figured that sleeping through the flight would leave us better rested when we reached Greece. Our seats did not disappoint. I could move the seat into several comfortable positions that I changed during the flight. However, we got very little sleep on this flight.


Our flight left Los Angeles just about 10 PM. We were greeted with a glass of champagne. I so love champagne, so this gesture made me very happy. As soon as we took off, a full French dinner service began. At 10 PM.


By midnight the dinner was still being served, in classic French style, white table linens and all. The flight attendant doted on me the whole flight because of the Sav Blanc I chose with one of the courses. But by midnight I had had enough and begged him them to take away the white linen tablecloth along with a myriad of half consumed glasses of wine and all the assorted plates He chuckled and offered me a glass of cognac before I settled down for the night. I refused. 


So we didn’t get much sleep due to a lengthy dinner service that lasted until after midnight, And then I think we were too full to sleep well. All in all it was a great experience was great but we didn’t get much sleep.


More soon.



Comments

Popular Posts