It's a small world




Ruins can be found in random places all over the city center, this one is right next door to my modern hotel. Unfortunately some of these ancient places are covered with graffiti or trash. The past and present truly collide in Athens.

Tonight at dinner I struck up a conversation with a couple from NYC, they told me that they knew exactly where I lived in Thousand Oaks, because their daughter lived there. They asked me why I was in Greece, and I told them I was going to a field school. They asked "Not the children's cemetery out on one of those islands?" Amazed, I told them it was indeed the same field school. The said that they had met a young man in Delphi who was also attending. Small world, over moussaka in Athens I meet two People from NY with a daughter in TO.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts