Week 1




Photo of our patio/eating/lecture area. Usually a nice breezy area to just sit and chat. Goats and roosters wander the veggie gardens next door to our studios.

Week 1 consisted of a crash course in identifying infant bones. The vast majority of the remains are neonatal, teeth all still in the crypt.

On Friday I started to process my first burial, bones are in great condition. I even recovered an incus in the screen. It is a point of pride with the UCL folk that such tiny bones can be recovered. Nobody has ever recovered a stapes though, I'll get a prize if I spy one. FYI the infant and adult bones are the same size. I wear my reading glasses while sorting material on the screen, it's like paleoethnobotany all over again.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts