Motorcycle for three

Ever since my first trip to Astypalaia I have been on a quest to get a photo of three people riding a motorcycle. I have been and still am an abject failure in this pursuit. However, Andrea has come through for me.



As we were sitting on our lovely patio having dinner, she spied this moto for three coming up the big hill from the port. She jumped up, grabbed her camera and ran uphill to the street to get this shot. Success. Two men and a boy on a motorcycle. I often see locals effortlessly riding three on a bike. Looks easy. Don't worry, I won't try it.



In the background you can see a couple of people standing next to the white building. The building is actually a family chapel. The people outside are attending a remembrance ceremony for someone who passed away some time ago. The priest came to perform a ritual and they had music and refreshments. We saw the priest making his way back up to the church a bit later.



More soon.

Comments

Popular Posts