Shower Curtain

If you find yourself traveling in Greece, don't be surprised if your shower is lacking a shower curtain. I'm sure that some of you who have visited Greece are chuckling right now. I have no idea why shower curtains are not more widely used here, but it can cause some logistical challenges in the bathroom.



For instance, you have to figure out where you will place your towel or clothing if you want it to be dry when you are finished showering. Often easier said than done if you have a tiny bathroom. You also must be sure to put down the toilet seat cover before you turn on the water, or the next person who sits down on it will be in for an unpleasant surprise.



The first time I visited Greece the shower stall in my studio was an area in the corner of the bathroom, I don't even think it had a dam. If I remember correctly, there was a drain in the middle of the room. There certainly wasn't a shower curtain. My present accommodations came with a shower curtain, but it was several inches too short and therefore relatively ineffective.



However, today we returned to our studio from a very tedious day in the lab to find our bathroom outfitted with a new full length shower curtain! Will wonders never cease. Andrea is peeking around the edge of it in this photo.



We also got new pillows for our beds. A week or so ago we came home to a flat screen TV, although we never turn it on as we understand little Greek. Tonight I noticed that the landlord may also have gotten wi-fi for the studios, although access seems to be password protected.



All in all, there are lots of improvements to our accommodations, but I think the constant supply of hot water is the best. I have not had a cold shower yet.

Comments

  1. The little things we take for granted sure make us happy. Enjoy you new shower curtain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts