Sunrise

I took this shot this morning on my way up to the lab. I brought my camera with me because I saw a few clouds scudding over the hills when I went out to have my first cup of coffee this morning. Even though caffeine deprived I thought that the increase in humidity might get me a colorful sunrise shot and I was not disappointed.



There is one thing missing from this photo, the Greek navy ship. It sailed off under cover of night and has not returned. Locals tell us that the ship has been there for many months. We saw a big group of sailors, both men and women, on shore leave at the port the other night.



We met some Australian tourists while having pizza at the port, and they informed us that on the neighboring island of Kos they saw the Greek military intercepting some of the refugees that have been flooding Europe and the Mediterranean over the last year. They said they felt intimidated at the show of power, as the refugees had nothing but the clothes on their backs, yet they were being handled by military personnel with machine guns.



Maybe the naval ship, which looks like a destroyer, has sailed off to Kos to help out processing the refugees.

Comments

  1. That ship looked so peaceful sitting out in the water I though it was a cruise ship not a military one. Stay safe love ya Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ship looked so peaceful sitting out in the water I though it was a cruise ship not a military one. Stay safe love ya Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts