Dinner at the Point




















Tonight Andrea and I decided to go out and have a nice meal at The Point restaurant, a rooftop terrace on the 5th floor of the Herodion Hotel in the Acropolis neighborhood.

We were early by Greek standards, with a reservation of 7pm it might have actually been late lunch. The sun still was high in the sky and I actually got a sunburn during dinner! At least I might get rid of my farmer's tan.

We enjoyed the scent of jasmine flowers growing table side while we sipped our prosecco. Attempts to speak remedial Greek amused the waitstaff. Next a unique presentation of bread and whipped butter arrived, presented on a black stone,

Of course, Andrea insisted on trying the octopus salad and encouraged me as well...and...it was indeed tender and tasty. I am usually no fan of octopus.  This one was cooked first, flattened and rolled in panko. The octopus was served over an eggplant puree seasoned with balsamic vinegar.

Andrea's entree was a beautiful piece of lamb on the bone on a bed of sweet potato mash. There was also a modern take on dolmas with collard greens. She proclaimed it both tender and delicious.

I of course ordered pork "tacos" and then pork tenderloin rolled in pistachios, because if there is a pork plate on the menu I will order it. My dinner was solid, just not very exciting.

This time, we didn't stay for dessert, because alas, we are still jet lagged.

More soon.

Comments

Popular Posts