Moon setting


We get up very early, about 5:30 am, so that we can get dressed, have coffee and walk to work. Sometimes when the moon is full I can catch a shot of the moon setting over the mountains.  This photo was taken right around dawn, as I was enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day.

It is amazing to see the moon so large as it dips behind the mountains. To complete the scene, imagine that you can hear the sound of the wind whipping over the hills. Roosters are crowing in the distance, and bells tinkle as the goats scamper over the rocky hills.

I've tried in vain for years to capture a photo of moonlight on the water.  I lack a tripod, and am always struggling to keep the camera still with a 20 mph wind blowing.

Oh well, I'll try to be satisfied with the beautiful moon setting.

More soon.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts