Fruit Store Kitty


I have previously told you that feral cats overrun Astypalaia, and that it is painful to most tourists to see the kitties suffering so much.  However, there are a few cats who are as spoiled as my two cats back home.

This photo is of a black and white kitty curled up in a box on the floor in the local fruit store.  Look how snug and happy he looks in his box, with the late afternoon sun streaming through the window. I gave him a little pet and he barely acknowledged me.

This cat is quite spoiled, he even has his own tiny wooden stool that he sits on near the cash register. He is often there paws tucked in under his body, surveying his turf. His owner sits there next to him in between helping customers. 

I'm glad that some cats are taken care of on Astypalaia.

More soon.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts