COVID Blues


 So at the end of the last post, I survived the flood but tested positive for Covid, banner day.  Since that time I have been isolated in my studio, and Andrea has been moved to another unit. The first night I had a very high fever, how high unknown, as I did not have a thermometer. I did experience total delirium, soaking sweats and some blurry vision.

Next morning my fever broke, and I felt much better. 

So this is the view from my sick room. Not bad at all. I have this giant window wide open as well as a door to the right of the window. Breezes come in and out all day. Most of the day I hear the wind, shore birds and a few bleating sheep. Otherwise it is quiet.

I get lots of visitors coming by to say hello or to check on my general well being. I thank all of you who have checked in on me in person or virtually. I appreciate you.

Generally my visitors call out from the sidewalk to see if I'm at home. LOL. They all show up masked and are often bearing gifts. This morning Andrea gifted me a broom, as she noticed me attempting to tidy the studio with no tools. She was very encouraged by my energy level and felt like I really must be on the mend. So she thoughtfully presented me a broom and dustpan. She also promised to return with disinfectant, sponges etc.. I'll need a nap before I tackle that job.

The patio is right outside the window and has a table and a few chairs, so people come and hang out and chat. I also receive lots of gifts, mostly food. Way more than a sick person can eat. I'll give you a partial list - giant box of assorted cookies from the bakery, a piping hot French loaf fresh from the oven, peach jam, freshly picked apricots, spaghetti bolognese, chicken nuggets with greens, tea, hand made pouggia, sautéed chicken with tomatoes and squash. Last but not least a new SIM card so I can have a Greek phone number. Most of the food was made by hand. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for cooking for me.

By the way, the pouggia are my favorite Greek baked good. They look like miniature sacks of gold pinched off at the top. Maybe a small coin purse is a better example. They purse is stuffed with cheese and honey. Then they are baked or fried. It made my day to enjoy them with tea.

I know what you are thinking. This gig does not sound half bad. Stuck on a Greek island in a room with a beautiful view, with people bringing you lots of food and get better soon wishes. I am grateful.

As evidenced by my massive cleanup of the place, I am on the mend and hope to test negative soon. Even though one could not ask for a more beautiful place to be isolated, I long to jump into the sea!

More soon.




Comments

Popular Posts