Lunch at Steno

What's on the menu today?


Greek salad, saganaki and keftedes. Three of my absolute favorites.

Greek salad is done here with really fresh ingredients, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onion, assorted olives and of course feta sprinkled with Greek oregano. This particular one is topped with a local seaweed, for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. 

Saganaki, locally made fried cheese is my absolute favorite Greek dish. It really shines with a nice Sauvignon Blanc. Saganaki is made throughout Greece, the cheese changes with the locale. The cheese will most likely be made with sheep or goat milk and can taste a little bit different everywhere you order it. Try it if you are a cheese lover like me.

Keftedes are fried meatballs usually made with a mix of pork and beef. They are fork tender on the inside, with a slightly crispy outer shell. You will often see them served with thick cut fries and tzatziki. Today I saw a version that had fries and meatballs topped with 2 fried eggs. What? I love dishes topped with eggs, from burgers to lasagna. This dish was not on the menu! Maybe is is a secret menu that only locals know to order. Next time I'm getting that!

I was so stuffed from my late lunch that I could not eat dinner.

More soon.



 

Comments

  1. Sure looks good. I could do without the seaweed. No dessert?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts