Evil Eye Revisited



It was determined that I needed some protection against the evil eye and bad energy in general.  After all, who knows what harm those tourists peeking through the windows of my spiti (house) have cast upon me.  I decided to proactively protect myself by seeking out a mal ojo charm. The pirate store in the port was just the place to acquire my amulets, so I trudged over and bought two bracelets that I can stack together. Two, because I was told that one was not going to cut it.

Immediately after gathering my purchases at the port we took Mr. Toad's wild ride to Steno beach with the Astybus. This is a fantastic new transportation service. Like Lyft but with all electric cars. Very progressive of Astypalaia. You tell the app where and when and it picks you up! Works beautifully.

Our driver was another story. Rude and fairly horrible in general, he actually passed another vehicle on a hairpin turn at a high rate of speed. The Greek passengers smushed in the car with us were making the sign of the cross. I was clinging to the door screaming. The whole time he was shouting, dictating texts.

We survived the ride and arrived at Steno unscathed. My new charm bracelet is working! We arrived alive.

I christened my new bracelets in the cold water of the Aegean, took in some sun and had a fabulous lunch at Steno Cantina. 

Drive on the way back was smooth as silk.

More soon.


Comments

Popular Posts