GPS Address

Decided to get out of my box and try living up in the Chora for a while. I made the reservation and the host texted me GPS coordinates and a phone number. That’s right, the street address is a lat-long in Asty because there are no street names. In addition, most of the buildings are white with blue shutters. Chora is full of narrow alleys with twists, turns and random stairs.

I call the number and am told to go to the town hall and call back when I get there. I complete the task. I am then told to take the fork in the road toward Barbarossa restaurant, walk 50 meters up the steep hill, I’m looking for a flight of stairs between two white churches. Miraculously I find the churches and start up the stairs.

My host then takes me on a circuitous route up stairs and around corners until we finally arrive at the house. Now I am so turned around that I have no idea where I am. I’m convinced I’ll never make it back down to sea level.

Here I am, a directionally challenged person living in a place with no street names or house #s. Oh and everything is white, even the designs painted on the ground. It’s very unsettling at first.

Miraculously, the door is red to my house is red! If I get totally lost I can wander aimlessly until I come to a house with a red door, try the keys out.

I’m sure it will work out

More soon.




Comments

  1. Your new place looks good. I was thinking it might be near where you worked when you said it was on a hill. I remember you talking about going up a hill to work. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts