Air France Epic Fail


Unfortunately, my first post from Greece will be negative.

We flew from LA to Paris, about a 10 hour flight, and then had a two hour layover in Paris.  During our layover a torrential rain drenched the airport.  My luggage must have looked in need of a washing, because I can think of no other reason why the brilliant folks at Air France left my bag out on the tarmac in the driving rain!  Of course I did not realize this had occurred until I picked up my soggy bag in Athens four hours later.

I was beyond demoralized as I had been awake for about 30 hours straight.  It was already past midnight in Athens, and all I wanted to do was get some sleep so that I could catch my flight to Astypalaia at 9am.  However, my dreams of snoring away in the Sofitel Athens were not to be realized.  Instead Andrea and I had to unpack all of my belongings and festoon the room with them with the hope that they would dry out somewhat.  All of my clothes, and my suitcase, were completely drenched.

In my haste to get this chore done so that I could get to bed, I was not paying attention and managed to stab the tip of my right ring finger with a sharp tool that I use for piercing plastic bags on the site in Astypalaia.  Boy did it bleed!  So now I am bleeding all over the wet clothes that I am trying to hang out to dry.  OK, I admit it, I yelled a few curse words. I was really unhappy!  Luckily I had packed Neosporin and bandages.

It was about 2 am when I finally got to bed, and I had to get up again at 6:30 am for the next leg of the journey.  A complaint has been filed with Air France, let's see if if they try to appease me.

More soon.

Comments

Popular Posts