Motorcyles


I have been attempting to get a photo of three people riding a motorcycle for several years now, and have failed miserably until now!  I was inspired to do this photo shoot after I spied a man riding up the hill on his bike carrying a six foot ladder. I decided that it was my lucky day, and rushed to the street with my zoom lens.  I had to lie in wait by the side of the road taking continuous action shot photos every time I heard the sound of an approaching motorcycle.

The first photo I go was of a woman riding sidesaddle on a motorcycle.  Usually in Astypalaia older respectable ladies ride sidesaddle.  I cannot imagine the amount of balance required in order to stay on the bike without your legs astride the vehicle.  Yet women do it all the time, the above picture is the proof.

The second photo is of three people riding a bike up the hill. You can see the person in the front, a child, who is wearing a blue hat.  The man in the middle is wearing a white hat, and a woman is perched on the back.  They even have a milk crate strapped to the back to tote their wares around.

The third photo shows a man with maximum cargo.  He is laden with shopping bags in one hand, and he seems to be holding a bag full of liquid on the other side.  I have no idea what that bag contains, but it looks scary.  Notice how he has a couple of boxes piled on his lap.  Unbelievable.

I'm sure that most of you have noticed that hardly anybody in these photos are wearing helmets.  We are told that by law you should wear a helmet but that nobody does.  By the way, it is also illegal to ride with three people on a motorcycle.  But, we are in Astypalaia.

Comments

  1. Love the pictures glad to see that you and Andrea are not riding on one of those motorcycle. These pictures sure represent the of Island Astyapalaia in Greece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures glad to see that you and Andrea are not riding on one of those motorcycle. These pictures sure represent the of Island Astyapalaia in Greece

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts