Quad Bike



I truly covet these quad bikes that I am seeing more frequently around the island.  They seem like the perfect vehicle for Astypalaia.  Some of them even have a little Greek flag on a pole flying off the back. As you can see they are compact and can easily zip around the narrow alleyways in the Chora. I could even drive this thing on the single track dirt roads that wind out to some of the remote beaches. It even has a little storage bin for my snacks, water, towel and suntan lotion.

I would have to wear a hat, a long sleeved shirt and long pants when operating this vehicle, or I would fry like a sausage.  The sun seems to be finding me and burning me this year, even when I am in the shade.  

I think I will ask one of the car rental places if I can rent one of these gizmos.  When I asked one of the locals what these vehicles were called, he said they call them "buggies."  Buggies, I like that.

More soon.

Comments

  1. A car might be safer that looks like trouble to me. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts