Port

As I was walking back from work this afternoon I noticed this fantastic double masted sailboat moored in the port.  Of course I didn't have my camera, so getting a picture would first require trudging back to the studio in the 90 degree heat to retrieve my camera and zoom lens. I was not motivated.  Andrea convinced me that it was a worthwhile endeavor and promised that my reward would be gelato at the new shop very near our studio.  With dreams of gelato in my head, I got my camera and set off to the port to get a picture of the beautiful sailboat.

I wandered around in the heat of the afternoon taking pictures, and finally decided that this was my favorite image of the day.  It seems very Greek to me. In the foreground is a beautiful Greek Orthodox church which is framed by the deep blue of the sea and capped with a light blue sky.  The lovely sailboat floats lazily in the background, maybe with some folks lying about on deck chairs tanning themselves.  I would prefer a hammock on dry land, I get quite seasick.

Anyhow, I did get my gelato.  I had caramel.  Andrea had a Greek specialty called kaimakia which is made from goat's milk.  I'll try that one next time.  Yes, there will be a next time.

More soon.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts