Katalogos

Here is a common sight outside of the local tavernas on the island. The menu, or katalog, is posted outside on a chalk board. The prices are in euros, and as you can see prices are quite reasonable. As you can see the menu is often translated into English. Most people order several plates for the table and then pass them around to share, it is called meze. It reminds me of how people eat at Thai places back home.



As you can see, there is quite a bit of dairy on the menu including my beloved saganaki which is a locally made cheese that is ever so lightly battered, and then fried. Delicious!



Octopus is always on the menu, some places prepare,it better than others. I prefer the sardines, aka tiny fried fish.



Try your hand at figuring out the Greek alphabet by using the English translation. I've spent countless hours amusing myself trying to read signs in Greek. If I can sound the word out, sometimes the word means something similar in English. For example, the Greek word for exit is exodus.



Hope you enjoyed your Greek lesson for the day.

Comments

Popular Posts