Sailboat

This beautiful blue sailboat was moored just outside of the port when I came out of school the other day. The color of the water off of that point is so vibrant. I don't think there are any mooring fees, you just motor up and drop anchor. Often we see people taking their launches to shore to grab dinner at a local taverna. The downside is that I don't think there are any facilities in the marina to take a shower.



I have a wild fantasy that I could cruise around to tons of Greek islands on a boat like this during the summer. I am unable to handle even the smallest of sailboats, so I would be a disastrous crew member. Oh, I almost forgot, I'd be seasick inside of an hour.



So many activities here revolve around the water. Sailing, water skiing and fishing are most popular. Sometimes men walk into the sea and emerge with a hand caught octopus for dinner.

E

More soon.

Comments

Popular Posts