Fish




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


If you go down into the port you can choose your own fish from the case and they will prepare it for you. We didn't get to try it, but they looked fabulous coming out of the kitchen.

I swear that those little black fish in the corner of the case, called sagro, swim up to me when I get into the ocean. As long as on does not take a chunk out of me I'll be OK. Those little guys are expensive, locally caught, and cost about 40 euro a kilo.

We've been doing our own cooking for dinner, and it is quite an adventure as we only have a one burner hot plate. Luckily there is a great butcher on the island that makes tasty treats. Our favorite is a sausage with a mix of pork and beef that has been seasoned with orange and garlic. We also got a great goat cheese from him that is used to make saganaki. Saganaki is fried local cheese, and the milk used can vary from one locality to another. Goat and sheep's milk cheeses are most common. Try to make it at home if you can find the cheese.

I can also report that we tried the limoncello and that the bottle has already been consumed. I will try mandarin next, although they have a thyme liquor that looks intriguing.

More soon
CB

Comments

Popular Posts