Sweet Shop




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Here is a photo of one of the sweet shops, they also seem to double as liquor stores.

This shop has a huge variety of chocolates, cookies, baklava, ice cream and assorted wines/liquors. The dipped ice cream bars are my favorite. The are like mini Dove bars, but come in assorted favors like pistachio and melon. Their diminutive size allows you to sample a couple of flavors without too much guilt.

The top row of their case holds beautiful chocolates and candies wrapped in brightly covered foils.

This time I decided to give their preserves a go. You can see them all lined up on top of the display. Orange mastic pumpkin preserves were my choice. I tried it out with freshly baked bread this morning and found it quite delightful. Maybe I'll branch out and try another flavor sometime soon.

Last year Andrea tried out their handmade limoncello, made with Astypalaian lemons. It was beautifully packaged in decorative glass bottles with long necks. She gave it a glowing review, and even brought some back home as gifts. Will anyone be so lucky this year? I will endeavor to try some of the liquor and review it in a future post.

If you find yourself in the Chora on Astypalaia, stop by the Casa di Vino and sample some local treats.

CB

Comments

Popular Posts