Octopus




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


This may possibly be my favorite photo so far. We took a back way on to one of the beaches and were surprised by this beautiful sight. I've seen octopus hanging before, but never from their own tentacles on a clothesline. Octopus is a favorite dish in Greece, and their are several ways to prepare it. Grilling over high heat, braising and making it into little balls( like Swedish meatballs) are the most common preparations. Let me just tell you that I've tried them all, and I'm not a fan of any of them.

I'm also not a fan of the local wine. We bought a bottle the other night and could not drink it. Must be the California wine snob in me coming out. I'll wait until I get home to break open a bottle of my prized Pinot.

Spent the day wandering around the port and the maze of streets in Chora. Topped it off with a swim across Livadi bay where there were some beautiful yachts moored.

More soon
CB

Comments

  1. I have really enjoyed all your posts. very interesting and informative. How bizarre to see octopus hanging on a clotheline like someones underwear. San

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts