Swimming




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Swimming is the best way to bring down your core body temperature after a hot day in the lab. We get seriously punchy after staring at frags, cameras and databases all day in the high heat. One such moment came this afternoon when we had our electrolyte booster and scurvy prevention shooters. This is how they were made.

Dixie cups full of water were lined up on the table, with a tray of sliced lemons flanking them. Two small bowls, one full of sugar and the other with salt, sat near the water. We were instructed to lick our hand, like doing a tequila shot, apply salt and lick the salt off of your hand. You next bit into the lemon, allegedly to help prevent scurvy. The lemon was followed by licking sugar off of your hand and finally chasing it with the water in the Dixie cup. I avoided hand licking by coating my lemon with salt and sugar and then bit into it. Believe me when I tell you that it is not as fun without the tequila.

Anyway this is a shot of the narrow end of Livadi Bay. I've taken to swimming back and forth across the bay for exercise. After I'm good and tired from swimming I walk back up the hill to the studio. My calf muscles are really complaining.

More soon,
CB

Comments

Popular Posts