Sheep/Goat




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Here are our neighbors, they roam the steep hillside below our studio. During the day they take refuge from the sun under a small crop of trees near the sea. At night I can hear them bleating over the wind gusts. I have to identify a whole new set of everyday noises here. I miss being able to ask my husband "what's that noise"?

The flock is smaller than it used to be, as some men rounded several sheep up and carted them away in a pick up truck. I fear that they may have been on the menu in a local restaurant.

Our ignorance in identifying faunal remains has caught up with us. We had a an odd fragment of shaft that we couldn't identify, and several people looked at it over a day or so. Eventually I was willing to say not human, because it wasn't recognizable. Finally someone familiar with faunal remains immediately identified it as sheep/goat femur. Oh well!

More later
CB

Comments

Popular Posts